ForumsQuestionsLists are now Live in the Next Generation Mobile App!

Lists are now Live in the Next Generation Mobile App!
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Jul 11, 2024
Score: 0 Reference
We're thrilled to announce that most of the list functionality is now live in our next-gen app! Our developers have been working hard to make sure it's seamless and user-friendly. Stay tuned for more updates and get ready to enhance your task management experience with Toodledo
martingchapman

Posted: Jul 13, 2024
Score: 1 Reference
No update for Android in the UK yet.
Currently running Toodledo 1.0.4 (build 36)
martingchapman

Posted: Jul 17, 2024
Still no Android update in the UK.

On the Play Store for the "Toodledo (Next Gen Preview) (Early Access)" App it says last updated 18 Apr 2024 Version 1.0.4.

Am I doing something wrong?

A response from an Admin would be much appreciated.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Jul 17, 2024
Hi Martin,

Thanks for reaching out.
We are currently working on bringing the iOS app version to the official app store.
Once we have that, we will be working on bringing lists to the android app. Stay tuned!

Thanks a lot for your patience!
martingchapman

Posted: Jul 20, 2024
Score: 2 Reference
hasnain_2
Thanks for the update.
I saw this post on 11/07/24 and I received an email from [email protected] on 11/07/24.
Both this post and the email state -
"We're thrilled to announce that most of the list functionality is now live in our next-gen app"
Your latest reply says "we will be working on bringing lists to the android app".

I very much appreciate you issuing updates on your progress, this is something that long term Toodledo users (like myself) have been needing in order to dispel the opinion that Toodledo has been abandoned.
However the updates need to be carefully worded so as to not mislead users.
As you can see from the above post/email your update infers that a subset of the List feature is "now live" in the next-gen app.
But it is clear from your response to my query that that although this feature update is on its way, it is not quite ready yet.

Please continue to issue updates on your progress so that we know things are happening, but be a little more careful in the wording so as to not set expectations in your users that are not going to happen just yet (I wasted quite some time in trying to find the new List features in the app and then trying to find a new version of the App).

Thanks again for taking over Toodledo and continuing to develop it, I have been a user for many, many years and am looking forward to that continuing for a long time as you develop and enhance Toodledo.
mgacsaly

Posted: Jul 24, 2024
I have created my first LIST using the new LIST functionality.
Where is the best place to communicate issues?
I have tried a bunch of wine tasting apps and tried using excel and other things, but so far this list ROW entry is the most convienient I have found for logging tasting notes while dining with others.
But there were a few issues.

1) The most annoying issue is when adding a new record in ROW mode,
The last few columns are difficult to edit as the keyboard pops up and blocks the view of the field;
I could "fix" this by adding several dummy columns to the end...but that is a cludge.

2) Filling in a LIST column in the ROW mode surprised me.
If I clicked on a listed option, it became checked.
If I then pressed "return" on the keyboard, a new blank item appeared and was checked instead.
The keyboard disappeared.
If I then press "Done" the field remains empty.
There is no "Cancel" option (but it seems if I drag that edit window down, it does a cancel - but this is not obvious)

If I want to enter a new LIST item and type it into "Search" and press "Done" the edit closes and the item remains empty.
I have to type the new item and press "return" (then it is adde and checked) then press done.
This is odd as the icon implies a search will be done - but I don't see any "searching".
If you have a typo when typing an existing item into the "search" and press return, the new spelling is just added and checked.
Again there is no obvious cancel.

3) It would be nice if the LIST column type could refer to a one-column LIST of allowed options.
If a new value is added for the column, the user could be warned (and if approved) it could be added to the values list in addition to the column value.
For example in my "Wine Tasting" list I have a Dry/Sw column.
The values are VD D SD B SS S VS (very dry/dry/slightly dry/balanced/slightly sweet/etc.)
For now I created dummy records filling in the expected values for all my LIST columns.

4) The order of displayed LIST values appears to be in entry order.
Not alphabetical or current sorted order.
(I expected the order to depend on current table sort order).
For things like my Dry/Sw column this is suboptimal.
Having a lookup list for list columns could fix this (taking the order as the current sort on that list).

5) I converted a INTEGER column to a YEAR column.
I expected the existing integers to become years.
They did, but the wrong year. 1987 instead of 2021.

6) The note type does not seem to be editable in the IOS version.

I was a very long time Toodledo user then migrated away when the ios app became unreliable for months.
I have recently migrated back and things are going well so far.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Jul 25, 2024
Posted by mgacsaly:
I have created my first LIST using the new LIST functionality.
Where is the best place to communicate issues?
I have tried a bunch of wine tasting apps and tried using excel and other things, but so far this list ROW entry is the most convienient I have found for logging tasting notes while dining with others.
But there were a few issues.

1) The most annoying issue is when adding a new record in ROW mode,
The last few columns are difficult to edit as the keyboard pops up and blocks the view of the field;
I could "fix" this by adding several dummy columns to the end...but that is a cludge.

2) Filling in a LIST column in the ROW mode surprised me.
If I clicked on a listed option, it became checked.
If I then pressed "return" on the keyboard, a new blank item appeared and was checked instead.
The keyboard disappeared.
If I then press "Done" the field remains empty.
There is no "Cancel" option (but it seems if I drag that edit window down, it does a cancel - but this is not obvious)

If I want to enter a new LIST item and type it into "Search" and press "Done" the edit closes and the item remains empty.
I have to type the new item and press "return" (then it is adde and checked) then press done.
This is odd as the icon implies a search will be done - but I don't see any "searching".
If you have a typo when typing an existing item into the "search" and press return, the new spelling is just added and checked.
Again there is no obvious cancel.

3) It would be nice if the LIST column type could refer to a one-column LIST of allowed options.
If a new value is added for the column, the user could be warned (and if approved) it could be added to the values list in addition to the column value.
For example in my "Wine Tasting" list I have a Dry/Sw column.
The values are VD D SD B SS S VS (very dry/dry/slightly dry/balanced/slightly sweet/etc.)
For now I created dummy records filling in the expected values for all my LIST columns.

4) The order of displayed LIST values appears to be in entry order.
Not alphabetical or current sorted order.
(I expected the order to depend on current table sort order).
For things like my Dry/Sw column this is suboptimal.
Having a lookup list for list columns could fix this (taking the order as the current sort on that list).

5) I converted a INTEGER column to a YEAR column.
I expected the existing integers to become years.
They did, but the wrong year. 1987 instead of 2021.

6) The note type does not seem to be editable in the IOS version.

I was a very long time Toodledo user then migrated away when the ios app became unreliable for months.
I have recently migrated back and things are going well so far.

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for reaching out.
The best way to contact support is through a ticket:
https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php

This way it will be directed to the correct person in the company.

Thanks!
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Aug 23, 2024
We're excited to announce the official release of our next-generation Toodledo mobile app into the Apple App Store! The more streamlined and user-friendly experience of the Next Gen app can now boost your productivity with a direct installation from here:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/toodledo-next-generation-app/id1615853505
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.